Your website as a whole should not just be a catalogue of products. It should be a resource you use to draw customers in and build that small business relationship. That’s why episode 51 of the Product Powerhouse Podcast is about the 8 mistakes I saw from doing 22 shop website audits!
In this episode of the Product Powerhouse Podcast, I’m sharing common mistakes shop owners make on their websites and actionable steps you can take right now to fix those mistakes and generate more sales.
Join Product Powerhouse The Club to Grow and scale your online shop with the support of a community that understands what it’s like running a product-based business. Product Powerhouse™ The Club was created for shop owners just like you, who are searching for direction, support, and community to help grow your shop.
Some of the talking points I go over in this episode include:
- Leveraging your copy to appeal to your customers.
- Using your website to tell the story behind your brand, not just showcase your products.
- Keeping traffic engaged on your site and avoiding all ways to redirect your customers elsewhere.
- Bringing your products to life by incorporating a human element in your product photos.
- Keeping your photos cohesive and uniform in size and proportion.
- Making payment transactions as easy as possible for your customers.
- Streamlining your website pop ups.
- Adjusting your fonts to be more accessible for all audiences to view.
By doing these 8 things, you will avoid overwhelming your audience, keep them on your site longer, capture their attention and create that emotional pull to your brand which will increase sales in the long run. So be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on growing your product shop and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH ERIN ALEXANDER:
This blog post contains affiliate links.
SEO for your e-commerce shop doesn't have to be overwhelming!
Here are five quick and easy ways to improve your store. You don’t have to be tech savvy. You don’t have understand keywords (much).
Seriously, no previous knowledge required!