I’ve watched eCommerce businesses make these mistakes over and over again. That’s why episode 36 of the Product Powerhouse Podcast is about addressing the 7 most common eCommerce shop mistakes to avoid when selling online!
Join Product Powerhouse The Club to Grow and scale your online shop with the support of a community that understands what it’s like running a product-based business. Product Powerhouse™ The Club was created for shop owners just like you, who are searching for direction, support, and community to help grow your shop.
Some of the mistakes I see shop owners make include:
- Using the free Shopify default theme. All the extra apps you are installing to make your website do what you want it to do, are slowing down your website and cost you more in the long run.
- Offering way too many product options. You have to manage all those product listings and you are making it harder for your potential customers to make a decision.
- Poorly constructed product listings. Product listings should have brightly lit product photos and product descriptions that highlight the benefits of the product.
- Poor messaging. I get it, words are hard! But if you can’t convey to your customers what your business is about, who your products are for, and why they should care, you aren’t going to get sales.
- There’s no consistency on your website. You can work with a brand designer to help or buy a template if a designer is not within your budget.
- Stop spending all of your time fixing your website. Stop hiding behind your website and work on growing your visibility.
- You’re trying to do everything yourself. You will finally be able to embrace being the boss of your company. There is so much power in being able to enjoy your zone of genius.
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on growing your product shop and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH ERIN ALEXANDER:
SEO for your e-commerce shop doesn't have to be overwhelming!
Here are five quick and easy ways to improve your store. You don’t have to be tech savvy. You don’t have understand keywords (much).
Seriously, no previous knowledge required!